Annons:
Etikettamerikaforskning
Läst 3407 ggr
Cheyenne
10/12/11, 10:52 AM

Skilsmässohandlingar USA 1920-tal

Någon som vet hur man eventuellt kan finna en skilsmässa i USA och/eller dess handlingar från mitten av 1920-talet?

Annons:
Alsterolle
10/12/11, 11:55 AM

Testar att lägga ut frågan på G+. Återkommer om jag får svar.

Cheyenne
10/12/11, 12:19 PM

Tack! Glad

Alsterolle
10/12/11, 6:57 PM

Här ett svar:

John Newmark - If you know the county where the divorce would have been filed, then I would look for that County's website, and see who is in charge of those records. It's often the Circuit Court Clerk. Some divorce records are online, but not many. Depending upon state and year, Ancestry.com has several collections.

Cheyenne
10/12/11, 7:04 PM

Tack snälla! Skilsmässan ägde rum i Chicago så jag var faktiskt inne på hemsidan för 'Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court' (Chicago, Ill) och vimsade runt utan att riktigt finna vad jag sökte. Gör ett nytt försök.

ccb
8/13/13, 6:09 AM

Sometimes, you can find divorces reported in the newspaper. That is where I found the file-number for a relative's divorce. I could not find the record itself online, so I used the service of a woman who goes down to the archives in Chicago and sends you scanned images of the original documents (for a fee, which I believe is around $ 20 for the first 20 pages) . I realize this is an additional cost, but she is usually less expensive than getting the documents through the county, and much quicker!

Upp till toppen
Annons: