Annons:
Etikettamerikaforskning
Läst 1799 ggr
[SallysPigge]
10/25/12, 4:14 PM

Alien Registration Record

Jag håller på inne på Ancestry och har hittat detta på en person vad menas med detta? Med tanke på att det står Alien …

Alien Registration Record (scource: Iron Range Research Center)

First/Middle Name: Arthur

Last Name: Forcier

County: Stearns

City: St. Cloud

State: Minnesota

Roll #: 147, Frame #: 0622, Scource:___

Annons:
swemah
10/25/12, 4:21 PM

Alien = främmande, utlänning, främmande  eller med andra ord (i detta fall åtminstone) inte medborgare i USA

Aliens (non-citizen residents) living in the United States were asked during two different historical periods to register with the U.S. Government.

World War I Alien Registration Records
Following the beginning of United States involvement in World War I, all resident aliens who had not been naturalized, were required, as a security measure, to register with the U.S. Marshal nearest their place of residence. A failure to register risked interment or possible deportation. This registration occurred between November 1917 and April 1918.

WWII Alien Registration Records, 1940-1944
The Alien Registration Act of 1940 (also known as the Smith Act) required the fingerprinting and registration of any alien age 14 and older living within or entering the United States. These records were completed from August 1, 1940 to March 31, 1944 and document over 5 million non-citizen residents of the United States during this period.

[SallysPigge]
10/25/12, 4:30 PM

Tack hittade just en liten förklaring själv. :-)

Men ditt ser mer kortfattat och lättläst ut. :-)

Låter lite konstigt dock med Alien, men det är väl bara idag som man ser Alien bara som utomjordingar.

Upp till toppen
Annons: